Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cloey Adventures weeks 6, 7 & 8

Cloey has been on some hard core antibiotics for a skin infection on her leg. It looks like it is working and the infection is clearing up. The problem is the antibiotics have caused a major bout of diarrhea & yeast. Nothing we haven't dealt with before, but this time it's different. Poor girl couldn't sit down even after I called and got her prescription diaper cream. Than we had to fight with her to clean her up, and watch her cry. Seriously? I thought we were doing "comfort care" everything is so much harder now that our goals have changed. Speaking of hard things, I read this article recently and It captures the feelings and emotions of our situation Dead On. While I don't know what it is like to lose a child, everything up to that point is exactly what it's like for us. It was so hard for us to read. For all of you who are asking how we are, this article will give you an idea. My prayers are with Sophie's family.


We also moved into our new place and are just getting settled. Cloey loves it because it has stairs. We watched fireworks and lit some sparklers on the fourth, but didn't go to Tempe Town Lake like we had planned because we were in the middle of unpacking. Cloey also got to run and play at Makutu's Island, something else she has wanted to do for the last five years. It is awfully dangerous with her trach, but she really enjoyed her freedom and we loved seeing her so happy & proud of herself. That's what it's about right?

2 comments:

Martha said...

Oh, Megan! I'm happy & sad that you posted that article about Sophie. Happy that I can now understand better what you & Ty are going through. Sad because now I am bawling and can now understand what you & Ty are going through. You are living every parent's worst fears. I am amazed by your strength and attitude and know this has never been easy for you & it never will be. Just know you are loved & thought of.

Jenna said...

Hi
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. Cloey is an amazing, courageous strong and determined fighter. She is a brave warrior, smilen champ and an inspirational hero. I can relate to Sophie's story and your's. My parents go through a lot with me, and for them to know that I won't be here someday is I am sure really hard for them, as it is for Sophie's parents and you. I wasn't supposed to live at the age I am now, but I am still living, and everyday I am here is a great day. Even though the days are full of challenges. I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and have many other illnesses. I love it when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com